The City of Miramar, in collaboration with its garbage disposal vendor, Waste Pro of Florida, will be replacing all residential green garbage carts during October and November. To receive their new green trash cart, residents should simply leave their old green cart at the curb on every scheduled collection day until it is replaced (even if it is empty).
The new 96-gallon garbage carts will be picked up by Waste Pro in accordance with the current collection schedule. To avoid interruption with your curbside collection service, the following rules should apply:
- Place cart for collection within 5 feet of the street by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day.
- Make sure arrows on the garbage cart lid are pointed toward the street. Items in the garbage cart should not extend above the rim by more than a few inches.
- Non-Waste Pro containers, paper bags, cardboard boxes, recycling bins, and oil drums cannot be used as garbage containers, and will not be collected.
- Branches, limbs, and other vegetative items must be placed in the Waste Pro container or put out with your scheduled monthly bulk pickup.
- Oil, paints, insecticides, chemicals, automotive parts, batteries, tires, medical waste including hypodermic needles and syringes, and hazardous waste will not be collected.
- If your cart needs to be repaired or replaced please email PW-UTILCSRT@ci.miramar.fl.us to order a trash cart. Provide a brief summary of the reason you need a replacement cart.
- If you experience a “missed pickup” on your collection day, or have any questions, call Waste Pro at 954-967-4200.
Need to know your collection day, check the Collection Zone Map for your corresponding curbside solid waste collection schedule.